Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bedford Hays Collins Has Arrived!!!

Bedford Hays Collins "Ford" arrived on February 26th, 2012 at 12:02pm weighing 7 pounds and 12 ounces and is 20 3/4 inches long.

 It all started when I woke up around 6:45 that morning. I was feeling mild cramping but didn't think much about it seeing that my water broke with Olivia and I was expecting that to happen when I would go into labor with Ford. Little did I know. We layed in bed for quite some time until I decided to get up and take a shower and get ready for church. The cramping was steadily getting stronger and more intense. I told Hays that I wasn't feeling right and I thought I was having contractions. We timed them for the next 45 minutes not wanting to rush to the hospital only to be told it was false labor and to come back in the morning for the scheduled induction.

We finally decided to go to the hospital around 10am after talking with the on call nurse and she telling us that it sounded like true labor. We arrived at the hospital around 10:30, they checked me and I was already 6cm. The nurses started freaking out just a tad. About 10 minutes later they checked me once more and I was 10cm dilated and ready to push. I didn't even ask for an epidural because I knew what the answer was. YES, ladies and gentlemen...I delivered this baby with no medication. Whew....that's all I can say about that. It wasn't nearly as bad as I ever dreamed it would be but I will say that I am so glad it's over. It was well worth that healthy baby boy they put into my arms.

I know...a little yucky but it is his very first picture (can you tell the on call doctor was just that. On call. She looks a little perturbed to be there).

Absolutely overwhelming is the only word that describes this moment in time.

Please disregard how awful I look. I mean....I just gave natural childbirth.

Is there any way you can be in love from the first instant, YES indeed!


 First picture as a family of four. My goodness...we are so blessed!

Pops A.K.A. Pots (for some reason Olivia calls him Pots) and Ford.

Gigi and Ford.

 Olivia is absolutley in awe.

 Papa and Olivia.

 She is the sweetest big sister.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world, Ford! I can't believe your labor was that fast! That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! :) That is amazing! I want more details!!! Our baby is coming naturally, too!

    ReplyDelete