Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day was a Mess

Ok, so as mothers we are the first to know that things don't always go as planned when you have little ones. Mother's Day this year was a prime example. Ford ended running a high fever the night before and I ended up staying home from church and running him to the after hours clinic twice that afternoon. Hays volunteered to stay home from church and take him to the doctor but I thought you know, I am celebrating being a mother today and I can't do that away from my sick baby. I will celebrate being a mother by BEING a mother.

It was a perfect day with breakfast in bed, staying in pajamas pretty much all day snuggled up to my boy that was free to share lots of cuddles with me. 

Olivia and Hays had gifts, flowers and even a cake made for me that afternoon.
The cake wasn't perfect (Hays may need some tips in the baking department) and the day wasn't picture perfect (seeing that this is the only pic I have to remember it) but I wouldn't change a thing about either.

*By the way, the cake looked terrible but it was DIVINE...it's Wednesday and that cake is GONE.*

No comments:

Post a Comment