Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First Mother's Day

Before church.... sweet angel


This is what I found in the nursery that morning. Olivia has a very sweet daddy that helped her out a bit this year.

So, of course, this is my first year to celebrate Mother's Day as a mother. Usually this day is all about the mothers around me. Last year we didn't even know we were pregnant (a lot can happen in one year). Hays did a very good job to make it extra special for me. I was showered with gifts, was relieved of all "duties" for the day (or most of them anyway...changing diapers) and also had dinner cooked for me and babysitters to watch Olivia while we enjoyed a nice dinner outside. I could not have asked for anything better. It was a great day!

I cannot describe what a blessing it is to be a mother. No one can ever prepare you for the adventure of being a parent and I truly never thought I could love someone so much. I will agree with those that say that it is the hardest, most rewarding job on this earth. I look forward not only to the many more Mother's Days but the "everyday" life and what we will endure and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment