Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A BIG answered prayer

I would be lying if I told y'all that 2013 was an easy year. It was actually one of the most difficult years I have endured and things going on with our baby boy, Ford, had a lot to do with that. As most of you know, he was falling farther and farther behind with his development which had us questioning exactly what was going on. He had been going to physical therapy most of the year along with speech and occupational therapy. We had many blood tests completed along with an MRI and visited countless doctors. All of the tests came back normal and none of the doctors could really tell us much. As a mother, I felt alone and lost wondering what more I could be doing for my child. I felt as though I had no control and no one really understood what was going on. I worried, prayed, cried, worried and prayed even more. I found comfort not only in support from my family and many friends but the Lord was my strength. I had no control for one of the first times in my life and through this situation the Lord taught me to lean on HIM 100%, He taught me patience and to wait on His perfect timing and to trust that He knows better than I, and He also taught me that He loves little old me and my baby boy more than I could ever imagine. 

With more excitement than I can physically display I can tell you that this little boy started walking on January 2nd. We were sitting in the living room watching Curious George (for the gazillionth time) when Ford stood up and started dancing to the music that he loved on the Christmas edition. Out of nowhere he started taking a couple of steps. I was so shocked in amazement that I just sat there and just stared at him until Olivia noticed and started shouting and screaming at the top of her lungs with excitement. Ford probably thought that Olivia and I had lost our minds we were screaming so loud. You could tell he was just so proud of himself and so were me and Olivia. 

After I put Olivia and Ford down for naps I sat on the couch and wept all afternoon and praised the Lord for His great works and beautiful plan for my baby boy's life. 
It was a great day, one I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment